A Better Life: BE YOURSELF

/
0 Comments

Not long ago, I read an open letter from a friend of mine mentioning that he is gay on social media. I was overwhelm by emotions while feeling shock over his confession. Even though I am not part of the LGBT group, I believe that he must have taken up an enormous amount of courage before he decided to sit in front of his computer and type out his confession to the world.

It made me realise something. Many of us, including myself, are trying very hard to fit into the society. Working towards the 'ideal' self to please a certain group of people, and then at the end of the day I was worn out. Honestly, I thought I would be cheering if I manage to be that ideal person. I have never expected myself to be sick and tired about life. 

Now, I have two words for you.... BE YOUSELF. Comfort, Security, Discovery, Voice can be found at where we began our journey. It is easy for us to lose ourselves in our dreams and expectations. We need to accept the fact that being ourselves, being true is what we really want. 

With that we need to trust ourselves, the trust to know what we want, what we believe in and what we see. Listen to our guts, learn to forgive and learn to trust. 

You don't have to chase upon that 'dream' person because someone said you must be that, believe me you will never be able to fulfil his or her expectations. It's tiring to be someone you don't know. Believe in yourself and be yourself. 

You will be able to find your strength, your limits and lastly that hidden confidence in you. Stop chasing trends and play safe. You already knew what you wanted and you knew where you really want to go. So, have faith in yourself. Let it go and make it happen.

Have a great week ahead! 








You may also like

No comments: