Ready. Get set. Go New Year!

/
0 Comments
It 29days to the splendid Chinese New Year, are you excited about it? I am!! I can't wait to receive my ang baos and makan all the delicious New Year dishes by my dearest ah ma. :D


But sometimes I really hate New Year, all the spring cleaning before the festive season is always an awful one. What to do? Deal with it. A typical daughter that doesn't like to do housework, who like it? Even my mum hates it. With everyone in the house being busy with their own work, it looks like its really hard to start spring cleaning, well actually you are wrong. Well, you have around 29 days before New Year, why don't you spread out the spring cleaning each day? So I did some planning myself to help my mum to clean up the house. TADA~~


Amazing isn't it?

Simply use 1-2 hours of you day doing each chores from now you might still have a whole full weeks or even more on other stuff like shopping~~ :D Though I don't really recommend any of you to do last minute shopping. More tips behind on shopping~~ ;D

Personally, I feel that keeping the house clean and tidy throughout the year seems to be a tiresome job. But, this year I would love to try out this method of speed cleaning recommended by Ruth Soukup.

Here is HER system:
General Guidelines:
  • Start at one end of the house.  (For like start from the master bedroom to the guest room etc)

  • Cleaning is much easier when everything has a home.  Work on creating organized storage for all of the things that end up being scattered around the house, like papers, mail, shoes, & toys.

  • Use a large laundry basket to collect items such as toys or clothing that need to be returned to a different room.  If you have multiple offenders, use multiple baskets.  After you have finished tidying every room, take 5 minutes to put away the collected items. 

  • Save sweeping/mopping and vacuuming until the end, then do it all at once.  We have mostly hard surface floors, so I use an industrial dry mop to wipe the floors each day.  It takes only a couple minutes to run it over all the floors and then shake it off outside.  About once a week, I do a really thorough sweep and then use a Swiffer WetJet to mop.  I vacuum the rugs about 3 times a week.

  • Likewise, save the glass cleaning for the end as well.  Once the house is completely clean, I will grab my windex and rag and run around doing spot checks on the glass doors and windows.  I wipe the bathroom mirrors as well as the fixtures and sink.

  • Keep daily shower cleaner in the bath/shower and spray down after each use.

  • Store your toilet brush in a container of bleach; replace the bleach once a week.

Bedroom(s) (5-10 minutes each, depending on how much to pick up):
  • Always make the bed.  Even if there are other things laying around, the room will look much, much cleaner.

  • Quickly pick up any clothes, toys, or dishes that are lying around.

  • Use a duster or dry rag to quickly dust all surfaces, including the headboard and footboard.

Bathroom(s) (5 minutes each):
  • Squirt toilet bowl cleaner around the rim; let sit.

  • Use disinfectant wipes or a wet rag and disinfectant spray to quickly wipe down the sinks, tub, and shower.

  • Use toilet brush to quickly scrub toilet, rim, and seat.

  • Use disinfectant wipes or a wet rag and disinfectant spray to wipe down toilet seat & surrounding floor.

Living Room/Dining/Home Office Areas (10-15 minutes):
  • Quickly pick up any shoes, dishes, toys, or other items laying around.  (Put them in basket to put away later.)

  • Use duster to quickly dust all surfaces.

  • Use damp cloth to wipe down furniture (if leather), table(s), and dining chairs.

  • Tidy desk area and make sure all paperwork & mail is filed & sorted in its proper spots.

Kitchen (10-15 minutes, depending on how many dishes):
  • Quickly pick up any items that don’t belong in kitchen and place them in basket(s).  Gather any dirty dishes and put them next to sink.

  • Quickly unload (if necessary) then load dishwasher.

  • Hand wash dishes/pots/pans as needed

  • Spray all counters with disinfectant spray, then use soapy water and wet sponge to wipe them all down.

  • Wipe down stovetop.

  • Dry and put away any hand-washed dishes, then drain and rinse sink–the secret to a truly clean-looking kitchen is clutter-free counters and a nice clean sink.

Finishing Up:
  • Use a dry mop to clean hard floors.  Spot clean with a sponge if necessary.

  • Vacuum rugs/carpet.

  • Clean glass surfaces & mirrors as needed with glass cleaner and a lint-free rag.  Don’t forget to spray & wipe the bathroom fixtures for extra shine!

  • Put away items collected in baskets while cleaning.

Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2010/09/08/speed-cleaning/#XyJhZjD5WGzzjfCR.99


I totally agrees with her, its really important to maintain whatever u have used back to where it is. This will definitely save up a lot of weekly cleaning and on the annual spring cleaning as well. :D But sometimes I am just way to lazy to do things. Have to quit that habit. ><

After all these spring cleaning stuff its so gonna be the most exciting part of Pre Chinese New Year. What's that? Drop you a hint. Women love it, Men hates it.

 THAT WOULD BE SHOPPING, OF COURSE!!!!

Every festive season is the best excuse to load their wardrobes with plenty of new clothing. But, its also important for females to shop smartly, to spend their money on items that worth the price. There are places such as Bugis Street, Ang Mo Kio, Clementi, where you can get really cheap clothing. Most people will shop at Bugis Street for more variety of cheap clothing. But cheap clothing usually comes with a price, you might spend long hours find a clothes that suits you, and cheap clothes also meant that sometimes the cutting are kinda off. 

Usually, I do my shoppings at Far East Plaza. I got quite a lot of things from there recently. 2 skorts, one pair of heels, a dress, a shade and a  spec at the cost of $50>. Even though this comes with a price of long hours spent searching. Clothes at Far East just love to play hide and seek. 
(the heels not included in this photo) 

But we females some times buy things without thinking aka impulsive buying. I can't deny that fact as a woman. I tired this method and it works for me very well. You can give it a try too. 

  1. Make sure what kind of clothes suit you. Its important for ladies to know what kind of dresses or clothing you wear will best suits you. In fact, everyone in this world is pretty and has a gorgeous body shape. You don't have to dress skimpily to look sexy or what so ever. For me, I will try to avoid wearing long pants, I prefer to wear tights or skirts instead. Becos pants such as jeans make my thighs look really fat and short.
  2. Salary VS Cost. To stop myself from impulsive shopping, this is what I do whenever I go shopping. Salary VS Cost. I don't earn a lot since I am still schooling and don't really have a monthly income other than pocket money from my parents. Which I do feel bad to use their money. This is how this system of mine works. For every clothing I spend on I compared it to the amount of time I spent on working. So for example if the clothes is with $14, I will divide according to the amount of pay I get per hour. 
  3. Do I really need it? This question is always up in my mind whenever I do shopping. Sometimes it really stops me from getting something. Bare in mind, there are too many things out there in this world for you to have them all. 
  4. Pay with cash.Many of us might have the cards in our wallet. Be it credit card or atm card. Personally I don't like to shop with cards. It makes me feel insecure about the money goes to. I like shopping with cash, I will stop shopping once my wallet is almost empty.I set a limit to myself whenever I go shopping. You could try that out. Makes you think twice before you buy.
  5. Listen to yourself.  Remember that the salesperson's job is to sell you product, so whatever you say he or she will make sure what you hear is positive. Don't get affected by what you hear. Listen to yourself. 
Hope these tips help you save up some sum of money. :D Once all these are ready, it will be NEW YEAR~~can't wait for it to come. 






You may also like

No comments: